I’m guessing that stories have made a huge difference in your life, and you have things inside you that you’d like to get on paper. Probably you’ve kept a journal and are called on to write articles when one is needed. You are not afraid of putting pen to paper. Now you’d like to get more serious with it. You’d like to get better. You’d like people to read your stories and feel what you feel when you read good work.
My course, Magical Craft of Creative Nonfiction 1.0, dives into craft and creative frameworks so that you can explore your passion for story, your desire to write, and your interest in exploring this art in order to make your stories more readable, shareable, and publishable.
Join me for a 6-week session of Magical Craft, Level 1 where you learn the essential secrets to writing great creative nonfiction. We will meet live via Zoom one evening a week from 7-9 pm Eastern US Time. In this course we dive into personal narrative, memoir, prose poetry, micro-memoir, and the infinitely usable flash essay.
However, what I’ve learned after publishing a dozen books is you need more than craft to be a great writer. You need magic. There’s no other word for it.
And I know where you find magic.
In this time together we’ll peer into the deep sources of our power, discover how to tap that power, and learn how to transfer it to the page. We’ll talk about what holds us back (our own limiting beliefs). We’ll practice wilding our stories and wilding ourselves.
This course can transform your life. It can give you the tools you haven’t been able to figure out for yourself to make a story fly. It can set your writing on fire and make you want to sit down and nail your shoes to the floor under your writing desk.
It is suitable for writers of all stages, from fledgling to midstride, as well as folks who are returning, who are stuck, or who somehow lost the path.
Here are the details:
- We meet weekly over six weeks
- Live via Zoom
- Participant numbers not limited
What you get:
- Six exciting evenings where I pour my heart & soul into your heart & soul.
- My honest, authentic belief in you.
- A chance to learn in a safe space.
- Pages and pages of important, useful handouts in pdf form.
- An entire session on publishing and marketing your work.
- Interesting readings.
- The opportunity to ask questions of me weekly.
- Access to online co-working sessions.
- A chance to read your work in an online Open Mic.
- Of course a receipt to file with your taxes.
- Sincere desire to get your stories down on paper
- Commitment to write during class sessions plus at least 1 additional hour a week minimum
Move yourself from stuck to empowered with one decision.